Democratic establishment favorite Amy McGrath was leading progressive challenger Charles Booker by just more than 8 points in their hotly contested Kentucky primary on Tuesday ahead of results due out next week.
Progressive insurgent Jamaal Bowman was leading Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) by double digits in one of the most heavily anticipated primaries of the year on Tuesday as officials continued to count votes.
Kentucky Democratic Senate candidate Charles Booker, a liberal, has the momentum against centrist Amy McGrath in their primary for the right to take on Republican incumbent Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in the ruby-red state this November.
Longtime U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel of New York, who was first elected in 1988 and rose to become one of the most powerful Democrats in the House, was substantially trailing middle school principal Jamaal Bowman in Tuesday's primary -- which could mark the second major upset of a veteran New York City Democratic congressman in just two years.
A CEO of a real estate investment company and motivational speaker won the Republican runoff in North Carolina’s 11th district, getting over 65% of the vote.
Charles Booker, a state legislator, hopes to claim the nomination and the chance to challenge Sen. Mitch McConnell. Jamaal Bowman is looking to oust longtime Rep. Eliot L. Engel.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed