The last chance for the public to say goodbye to George Floyd has drawn thousands of mourners to a church in Houston, where he grew up
Demonstrators’ anger over the May 25 death of Floyd is giving way to a growing determination to make his case a turning point.
Mourners gathered to view George Floyd in Houston as the officer who knelt on his neck appeared in court, and calls for radical changes to policing are gaining steam.
President Trump and his allies on Monday lashed out at activists and some Democrats for their support of the "defund the police" movement, seeking to draw a contrast with the administration's embrace of law enforcement amid nationwi
We Will Only Be America When Black Lives Matter | RealClearPolitics
Republicans seek to tie the former vice president to the movement against police funding, which they see as a winning issue in November.
America Is in a Cultural Civil War | RealClearPolitics
People with asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 are not the driving force behind the spread of the coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said calls to defund police departments will be rejected by most of the public.
Officials with the Republican National Committee toured a convention center in Savannah, Georgia, which is being looked at as a possible location for President Trump to deliver his acceptance speech for the 2020 Republican nomination.
The University of California, Los Angeles has reportedly launched an investigation into a white professor who read Martin Luther King Jr.’s "Letter from Birmingham Jail,” which contains the N-word, to students.
House and Senate Democrats urged President Trump to remove the protective fencing around the White House and adjoining park that was installed after a nearby church caught fire during protests.
Kayleigh McEnany called out Mitt Romney's "empty words" Monday after being asked if President Donald Trump agrees with Romney's "black lives matter" sentiment.
Sen. Mitt Romney joined demonstrators Sunday marching to the White House in protest of George Floyd's death in the custody of Minneapolis police. Eugene Robinson says, “I thought I would never see Mitt Romney, the most rock ribbed Republican in creation, marching in a protest in Washington and saying Black Lives Matter. I did not think I would ever see that.”
Leftists Cheer On Destruction of Minority Neighborhoods | RealClearPolitics
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday slammed the growing liberal momentum behind the “defund the police” movement as “outlandish.”
Former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin, who is facing murder charges in the fatal arrest of George Floyd, was granted bail Monday at his first court appearance.
Chauvin, the former police officer charged with George Floyd's murder, made his first court appearance via video monitor from Oak Park Heights prison.
Joe Biden's campaign said the presumptive Democrat nominee does not support defunding police, putting him at odds with Black Lives Matter.
The Biden campaign issued a statement where they support the new Democratic police reform bill but oppose defunding police departments.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed