The White House wanted to have 10,000 active duty troops on the streets of Washington and other cities earlier this week to quell protesters, but Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint of Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley pushed back at the use of any active duty troops, according to a senior defense official.
Massive crowds flooded U.S.
America Is Less Racist Now Than Ever Before | RealClearPolitics
Policing Can't Be Reformed--It's Designed for Violence | RealClearPolitics
America's Racism Won't Be Solved by a Blue-Ribbon Report | RealClearPolitics
Minneapolis protesters told Jacob Frey he was no longer welcome to demonstrate after he refused to commit to defunding the city's police.
Throngs of people gathered in Washington, D.C., on Saturday in what is expected to be the city's largest demonstration since George Floyd’s death on Memorial Day.
Minneapolis’ Democratic Mayor Jacob Frey was booed out of a protest on Saturday after reportedly refusing to back far-left calls to defund the Minneapolis Police Department -- a week after riots and looting tore through the city.
Vice President Mike Pence addressed President Trump's visit earlier this week to St. John's Episcopal Church while appearing on Saturday's "Watters' World" for an exclusive interview, and he also slammed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for not addressing the victims of the looting and rioting.
George Floyd Protests Continue on Saturday. Stay tuned to Breitbart News for live updates. All times eastern. | Politics
The once-temperate relationship between the president and the D.C. mayor erupted in a schism freighted with the overtones of race and power that have infused the demonstrations.
On Monday, the percussive bang of flash grenades echoed in the Rose Garden and an acrid odor from chemical dispersant wafted over a presidential photo opportunity.
Attorney General William Barr on Friday tried to distance himself from law enforcement's violent confrontation and removal of peaceful protesters from Lafayette Square earlier this week, saying he did not give the final order to clear the demonstration even as the White House has placed the decision on Barr's shoulders amid ongoing fallout.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed