The number of deaths caused by the novel coronavirus neared 100,000 on Monday, as Americans -- some who decided to forgo social distancing -- wrapped up their Memorial Day weekends.
President Trump has won the lockdown wars as coronavirus-related restrictions on businesses are eased across the country, so far with few signs of dire health consequences for the population.
The president threatened to yank the Republican National Convention from Charlotte, N.C. Meatpacking plants are reopening, but data about how many workers are ill is elusive.
At beaches, seaside arcades and other attractions, many people hoped to turn the page from the past few months. Still, moving past the pandemic is a long way off.
A country known for litigiousness has gingerly restarted court proceedings, and lawyers are bracing for chaos.
The top adviser to Prime Minister Boris Johnson caused a furor after it was learned he had driven 260 miles to his parents’ home.
The visit marked the first time the presumptive Democratic nominee has left his home and neighborhood in two months.
Photos and video of Memorial Day weekend celebrations across the US showed plenty of people going to the beach and gathering on boardwalks, but not a lot of social distancing or masks.
Emails show local officials received conflicting signals from state leaders and meatpacking companies about how much information to release about outbreaks in plants.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed