Trump fired State Department Inspector General, Steve Linick, for investigating Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's misuse of State Department employees.
President Trump on Friday announced that he would be replacing the State Department's inspector general, a move that has
Trump fires IG Steve Linick, who was allegedly investigating Pompeo and was involved in impeachment probe
A top Democrat in Congress described the move as “an outrageous act,” and said that the inspector general, Steve Linick, had opened an investigation into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
The State Department's inspector general became the latest Friday night to get the ax. And there's a pattern forming.
Rep. Eliot L. Engel, chairman of House Foreign Affairs Committee, alleged the State Inspector General was fired after opening an investigation into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and said the timing suggested “an unlawful act of retaliation.”
Rep. Eliot Engel blasted the move to fire Steve Linick, who Engel said was investigating Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
President Trump has fired State Department Inspector General Steve Linick late Friday night, drawing concern from House Democrats. NBC News' Monica Alba reports from the White House.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed