Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 Republican in the House, defended White House coronavirus task force member Anthony Fauci on Tuesday and praised him for the job that he's done during the pandemic.
The New York Times said Tuesday that one of its top health and science reporters went "too far" after calling for the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to resign over the agency's handling of the coronavirus outbreak
Fauci didn’t even say Trump’s name. He didn’t have to.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) on Tuesday ordered bars, night clubs and live concert venues to remain closed through the end of May as leading U.S.
The Associated Press obtained a 63-page document from the CDC which stresses planning for future virus flareups.
Government health experts cautioned against reopening states too quickly and risking another coronavirus outbreak Tuesday.
The downbeat assessment of Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Dr. Robert R. Redfield contradicted President Trump’s growing insistence that the nation has put the coronavirus behind it.
A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 290,000 people worldwide.
American democracy in the coronavirus era has gone digital or at least more distant, however fitfully and incompletely, as all three branches of government struggle to adapt to a new reality.
Fauci previewed the testimony by warning against getting too aggressive in reopening — a message that seemed tailor-made for President Trump.
Dr. Anthony Fauci and three other top Trump administration officials testified before Congress on Tuesday, describing the administration's response to the Covid-19 outbreak and what reopening the country might look like in the coming months.
Testifying before the US Senate Tuesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci and colleagues painted a dire (if confusing) picture of what an America that reopens to soon could look like. The pressing question now, says Jill Filipovic: Will Donald Trump listen?
School is out for an early summer for most US kids — and discouraging signs about the spread of coronavirus are starting to cloud hopes of a return to class in the fall.
“I don’t know the exact percent that it’s higher, but certainly, it’s higher,” the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases told the Senate health ...
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed