"It’s still going to be, no matter how you look at it, at the very lower end of the plane," the president said Sunday during a town hall event.
President Donald Trump acknowledges fear on both sides of the coronavirus crisis, with some Americans worried about getting sick while others are concerned about losing jobs
Defending his response to the pandemic, the president told a Fox News town hall that initial intelligence briefings suggested the outbreak was “not a big deal.”
President Trump on Sunday predicted the United States will lose between 75,000 to 100,000 people to the coronavirus, a marked increase from just a few weeks ago when he estimated 60,000 could die.
Don’t be fooled: Despite Trump’s reopening hype, new coronavirus cases are on the rise.
After admitting US coronavirus deaths could hit 90,000, President Donald Trump is bemoaning his own plight -- complaining that he has been treated worse by the press than Abraham Lincoln.
President Trump on Sunday said he won't support another round of coronavirus stimulus legislation unless it includes a payroll tax cut, a measure that has muted support among lawmakers in Congress.
President Donald Trump delivered another rapid series of false and misleading claims on Sunday night, this time at a Fox News "virtual town hall" event at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC.
The president’s chief adviser on immigration, Stephen Miller, had long tried to halt migration based on public health, without success. Then came the coronavirus.
Experts are trying to figure out why the coronavirus is so capricious. The answers could determine how to best protect ourselves and how long we have to.
Public health experts fear that their messaging could further harm the country’s response to the pandemic.
As people resume going out in public in the middle of a pandemic, to wear or not to wear a face mask has become a personal statement and sometimes a political one.
He also projected that the U.S. death toll may be as high as 100,000, scaling up his earlier estimate of 65,000.
Birx said 100,000 was always the lower end of the death toll projection, but President Trump further lowered it to 50,000 two weeks ago. She also offered a strong word of caution to protesters, whom Trump has egged on.
Donald Trump said Sunday that China likely allowed the coronavirus to spread to the world so that other countries would suffer economically.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed