The U.S. saw its largest one-day death toll from the coronavirus pandemic to date on Thursday as several states began to reopen parts of their economies, according to data from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Governments, companies and academic labs are accelerating their efforts amid geopolitical crosscurrents, questions about safety and the challenges of producing enough doses for billions of people.
Trump moved to replace a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services who wrote a wrote on the PPE shortage and testing delays.
In a joint statement, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell rejected Trump's offer 1,000 virus test kits for Congress.
Why Trump’s purge of US watchdogs is "a war on accountability."
Trump only gave the states 100 each of the coronavirus rapid test cartridges, but he gave Mitch McConnell's Senate 1,000 to confirm judges.
With no specific guidelines, states are left to figure out what a successful coronavirus testing program should be.
A majority of the U.S. Intelligence Community's 17 spy agencies believe the coronavirus likely originated with an accidental lab escape from a laboratory in Wuhan, China, a senior intelligence official told the Washington Examiner.
The FDA issued emergency approval for the medicine, which may help hospitalized COVID-19 patients recover.
A matriarch to generations, both in the United States and Colombia, she struggled with the coronavirus on a ventilator. They gathered online and in the I.C.U. to prepare for the end.
In parts of Asia and Australia, people are going out — but social distancing and other restrictions have become the new normal.
Congress declined the administration’s offer of rapid testing, saying tests were needed more elsewhere. Former President George W. Bush urged unity in a video message.
As lockdowns begin to ease for millions of Europeans, Italy reports a spike in deaths. Migrants face roundups in Malaysia and surging infections in Singapore’s dormitories.
Although Trump remained fixated on reopening the economy, he and his administration fell far short of making that a reality.
The majority view among the U.S. Intelligence Community is that the COVID-19 coronavirus accidentally leaked out of a laboratory in Wuhan, China.
The Senate is set to return Monday despite growing death rates in the Washington region.
An Associated Press analysis finds most states are not meeting the minimum levels of coronavirus testing suggested by the federal government and recommended by public health researchers, even as many of them begin to reopen their shattered economies
Congressional leaders rejected Trump’s offer for special test kits as the country lags behind on testing capacity.
The White House said Dr. Fauci's appearance before lawmakers next week would be 'counter-productive.'
President Trump is preparing to hit the road as he looks forward to what he has billed as a reopening of the country following a period of lockdown.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed