A day after he was abruptly fired by President Trump, outgoing Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson spoke on the phone with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.
President Trump selected National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency general counsel Thomas Monheim to be the acting intelligence community inspector general the day after he fired Michael Atkinson fro
Democrats strongly condemned Trump's decision to fire the intelligence community inspector general, Michael Atkinson, as the nation grapples with the coronavirus crisis.
On Saturday's "CNN Newsroom," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said that Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson and USS | Clips On Saturday's "CNN Newsroom," Senate Mi
Trump's dismissal of Michael Atkinson is particularly — and transparently — self-serving.
President Trump called Michael Atkinson, the inspector general who flagged the whistleblower complaint that lead to his impeachment 'a disgrace.'
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed