Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) has followed through and filed a motion to vacate against Speaker Kevin McCarthy. The vote now must happen within two days.
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) fired back at Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) motion to force a vote on ousting him from the Speakership, writing “Bring it on” on social media …
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is now accusing Speaker Kevin McCarthy of negotiating a secret side deal with Biden and the Democrats on funding for Ukraine.
For the third time, Trump came out of the courtroom to address the cameras when he blew a gasket and demanded that the judge be criminally charged.
Rep. Matt Gaetz on Monday moved to oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy from the top House leadership post, offering a motion to vacate the chair on the House floor – a rare procedural move that can be used to force a vote to remove the speaker.
The Lincoln Project is running a new ad at the Manhattan courthouse and Trump Tower reminding the former president that he is a broke loser.
Matt Gaetz has introduced a motion to remove Kevin McCarthy from the House speakership, setting up a dramatic vote over the future of the chamber's Republican majority
In putting forward a short-term funding bill that Democrats could support, McCarthy took the most obvious path to success.
Party officials said that without promises to address their policy priorities, the speaker should not count on Democratic votes to save him.
Republican Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz blasted House Speaker Kevin McCarthy while making remarks to the press on Monday.
Rep. Matt Gaetz and other hard-right Republicans for months have threatened to go after Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s speakership if he relied on Democratic votes to pass any funding legislation.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) formally moved Monday to oust House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), filing a motion to vacate the chair.
Rachel Maddow took on the lazy thinking and punditry that both the Democratic and Republican Parties are the same.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed