President Biden blasted the expulsion of two Tennessee lawmakers Thursday as “shocking” and “undemocratic,” saying that GOP lawmakers chose to expel lawmakers instead of par…
Democratic lawmakers are decrying the expulsion of two Tennessee legislators Thursday, calling their removal a threat to democracy. “All of this in the wake of children—9-year-olds—being kill…
Tennessee House Republicans carried out an unprecedented attack on democracy by expelling Rep. Justin Jones for supporting a gun protest.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) started off his investigation of Alvin Bragg by subpoenaing Mark Pomerantz, which could be a big mistake.
Reps. Justin Jones and Justin Pearson were expelled in a vote largely along party lines, an effort to oust them led by the GOP supermajority. Rep. Gloria Johnson escaped removal from office because Republicans failed to gather the necessary two-thirds-majority support.
The Congressional Black Caucus blasted the Republican-controlled Tennessee state legislature on Thursday after two out Black Democratic state lawmakers were expelled for participating in a protest …
The Tennessee Republican-led state House voted on Thursday to expel at least one of three lawmakers who protested on the House floor for stronger gun control laws following the Nashville school shooting.
A CNN panel defended three Democrats who were targeted for expulsion from the Tennessee House of Representatives for their involvement in a gun control protest.
The unseating of the lawmakers threatened to further inflame partisan rancor in a state that is divided over issues like how to respond to a school shooting in Nashville.
A vote to expel Democratic Rep. Gloria Johnson from Tennessee's Republican-controlled House of Representatives has failed, a week after she and two other Democrats led a gun reform protest on the House floor. The House earlier expelled Rep. Justin Jones over that protest, which followed a mass shooting at a Nashville school.
Reps. Justin Jones and Justin Pearson were both booted from the state House, while the vote to expel Rep. Gloria Johnson failed.
Three Democratic lawmakers had approached the state House lectern without being recognized, interrupting legislative business. Two, both Black, were expelled.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed