The House Ways and Means Committee voted 24-16 to release six years of Trump's tax returns within the next few days.
Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) warned that if House Democrats release Trump's tax returns, it could lead to the release of the tax returns of Supreme Court justices.
The DOJ will get thousands of Capitol attack-related interviews, which means they will be spending the holidays investigating Trump.
Mr. Trump refused to disclose his taxes. A committee’s vote to release them ended an oversight battle Democratic lawmakers waged since 2019.
The Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee said Tuesday it would release former President Donald Trump's tax returns within days and asserted that the IRS failed to properly audit the former president's taxes while he was in office.
The Democratic-controlled House Ways and Means Committee voted along party lines Tuesday to publicly release a report on Donald Trump’s tax returns.
The House Ways and Means Committee voted Tuesday to publicly release years of Trump’s federal income tax returns.
The former president reported a burst of income after entering the Oval Office, but by the end of his term, his tax filings had reverted to large losses, according to data released by a House panel.
The Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday released a supplemental report from the Joint Committee on Taxation that offered a summary of its review of tax returns between 2015 and 2020 for Trump and several of his businesses.
The report is likely to spur further questions about a procedure that calls for audits of sitting presidents.
House tax writers voted to disclose the long-sought information and dinged the IRS for delaying a routine audit of the former president.
The big question hanging over Washington this week: Will the Jan. 6 report be the beginning of Congress’s work — or the end?
Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) of the House Ways and Means Committee said that Trump's tax returns suggest that he had tens of millions of dollars in unsubstantiated claims.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed