Sen. Kyrsten Sinema's announcement that she is becoming an Independent who caucuses with the Democrats means much less because of John Fetterman's win in Pennsylvania.
Senate Majority Leader Schumer announced that Sen. Kyrsten Sinema did not get a special deal and will stay on her committees and caucus with Democrats.
The Arizona first-termer becomes the first Senate Democrat to leave her party since the 2000s.
To view past editions of The Hill’s 12:30 Report, click here: To receive The Hill’s 12:30 Report in your inbox, please sign up here: –> A midday take …
Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has switched from Democrat to independent, and there's no great mystery as to why.
The Arizona senator won't say whether she's running for reelection but said in an interview she doesn't expect a change in how the Senate operates.
Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-AZ), in a scathing critique of Kyrsten Sinema, said the Arizona senator’s decision to leave the Democratic Party and register as an independent has not altered his interest in challenging her in 2024.
Several hosts of The View made their unhappiness with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) clear on Friday after the senator announced her departure from the Democratic Party.
The Arizona senator is registering as an independent, noting that she “never fit perfectly in either national party.”
Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema is leaving the Democratic Party and registering as a political independent, she told CNN's Jake Tapper in an exclusive TV interview.
Authentic has dropped the Arizona senator after she announced she was leaving the Democratic Party.
Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre emphasized in a statement that the Arizona senator's move to become an independent would not impact the Democratic majority.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed