Former President Trump's last-gasp effort to hide his tax returns ended on Tuesday after the Supreme Court rejected his appeal.
Donald Trump hoped the Supreme Court would help him keep his tax returns hidden from congressional Democrats. That’s not what happened.
Ending a long legal fight, the Supreme Court rejected the former president’s request that it block the I.R.S. from turning over the files.
Federal appeals judges appeared skeptical Tuesday that former President Trump should have been awarded a third-party special master to review the documents stored in his Florida home as the Justice…
The Supreme Court on Tuesday cleared the way for the Internal Revenue Service to release former President Donald Trump's tax returns to a Democratic-led House committee.
The Supreme Court cleared the way for a House committee to obtain several years of Donald Trump’s tax returns from the IRS, a significant win for lawmakers that brought to an end a three-year court battle.
Two of the three judges had already expressed skepticism about a court’s intervention after the F.B.I. seized records from the ex-president’s home.
The Supreme Court Tuesday denied former President Donald Trump's request to block the House Ways and Means Committee from reviewing his tax returns.
Lawmakers say they need Donald Trump’s tax returns from his time in office to help evaluate the effectiveness of annual presidential audits -- a premise Trump rejects.
Prosecutors want to hear from the South Carolina Republican about calls he had with Georgia officials as President Donald Trump contested the 2020 presidential election results.
A panel of federal appeals court judges -- all appointed by Republican presidents -- on Tuesday were dubious of former President Donald Trump's arguments for why the FBI's search of Mar-a-Lago required a special master to review the materials that were seized.
Judges sound skeptical about court-imposed oversight on DOJ probe
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed