StoryGraph Biggest Story 2022-10-27 -- john fetterman (6), two weeks (5), dr oz’s (5), super pac (4), raised 2 (4)
Herschel Walker is an epically flawed candidate. He could still win.
The bombshell allegations plaguing Walker’s campaign, briefly explained.
Debate Backfires On Dr. Oz As John Fetterman Raises More Than $2 Million In Less Than 24 Hours
Dr. Oz begged for the debate with John Fetterman, but it backfired on him and caused Fetterman to raise more than $2 million in less than 24 hours.
Fetterman’s debate performance prompts Democratic handwringing
Privately, some in the party worry Tuesday night has damaged his chances in Pennsylvania's critical Senate race.
Trump Spending Just A Tiny Fraction Of McConnell’s Total On GOP Candidates
Trump continues to insult the Republican Senate leader but has failed to come close to his level of spending, instead hoarding most of his political money for himself.
Opinion | The real takeaway from the Oz-Fetterman debate
Fixating on speech distracts from the looming political emergency.
Fetterman’s Debate Showing Raises Democratic Anxieties in Senate Battle
The Democratic nominee’s performance in Pennsylvania thrust questions of health to the center of a pivotal Senate race, adding uncertainty to the contest and worrying some in his party.
Pennsylvania Voters Absorb an Unusual Debate: ‘I Felt Sorry for Fetterman’
In interviews, Democrats and Republicans had a range of reactions to the state’s Senate debate, including alarm, protectiveness, empathy and worry about the political implications.
Election anxiety creeps inside the White House
Despite the mounting fears, the president is keeping to a small footprint on the trail.
Trump to hold rally in Florida with Rubio — but not DeSantis
The apparent snub angered some people within DeSantis’ orbit, who complained that the Florida governor’s team was not informed of the rally prior.
Bloomberg pumps $10 million more into House campaigns as red wave looms
The billionaire former New York City mayor is increasing his stake in the midterm elections after giving big to down-ballot Democratic candidates.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed