A federal appeals court put a temporary, administrative hold on President Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness program, barring the administration from canceling loans covered under the policy, while the court considers a challenge to the policy.
The NAACP slammed a federal appeals court’s decision to temporarily block the Biden administration’s student debt relief program on Friday, saying that those who are opposing the plan are being hyp…
The White House vowed to fight GOP challenges to student debt relief following a federal appeals court temporarily blocking the Biden administration’s student debt relief plan while court battles p…
A federal appeals court has issued a stay temporarily blocking President Joe Biden's plans to forgive student loan debt.
The 8th Circuit US Appeals Court blocked Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness program on Friday afternoon. The court granted an emergency stay barring the discharge of any student debt until the court decides on a request for a longer-term injunction. Reuters reported: A U.S. appeals court on Friday temporarily blocked President Joe Biden’s plan to…
A federal appeals court on Friday temporarily halted President Biden’s student debt relief plan, preventing the government from moving forward with the debt cancellation it had said could start as early as next week.
Federal student loan borrowers can now apply for up to $20,000 in debt forgiveness, thanks to a new plan announced by President Joe Biden in late August.
A federal appeals court blocked Biden’s student debt transfer on Friday, just hours after he boasted the courts were on his "side."
The eligibility change announced last month excluded federal student loans that are guaranteed by the government but held by private lenders. Many of these loans were made under the former Federal Family Education Loan program, known as FFEL, and Federal Perkins Loan program.
Biden falsely claimed the Supreme Court sided with his student debt transfer, because Justice Barrett had no choice but to reject one lawsuit.
The Biden administration had previously said it could begin canceling student loans as early as this Sunday.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed