President Joe Biden says the risk of nuclear “Armageddon” is at the highest level since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.
Biden compared the state of tensions with Russia to the Cuban Missile Crisis, saying on Thursday that Putin is "not joking" about deploying nuclear weapons.
Ukrainian soldiers are exulting in their smashing of Russian lines in the northeast. They engaged enemy troops up close, and gained confidence from it.
An official in a Russian-occupied region of Ukraine suggested Russia’s defense minister should shoot himself because of his army’s failings, an unusually blunt and public rebuke of Kremlin leadership.
The president’s blunt warnings, highly unusual for an American president, were delivered informally to a group of Democratic donors in New York City.
President Joe Biden warned supporters that the world is facing "Armageddon" due to Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.
At a Democrat fundraiser held Thursday night at the New York City home of James Murdoch, Joe Biden warned the United States is on the brink of nuclear “Armageddon” with Russia over Ukraine, according to pool reports. Biden likened the situation to the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis that brought the U.S. and Russia to a…
A US official said Thursday evening that despite President Biden's warning that the world is the closest it has been to a nuclear crisis since the 1960s, they have still seen no change to Russia's nuclear posture as of now.
President Joe Biden on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the dangers behind Russian President Vladimir Putin's nuclear threats as Moscow continues to face military setbacks in Ukraine.
To learn that an American president is talking so frankly about the possibility of nuclear "Armageddon," as Joe Biden did Thursday, is bone chilling.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed