Coral reefs can protect coastal cities from deadly floods, if only we keep them alive.
"We're continuing to see deadly rainfall, catastrophic storm surges, roads and homes flooded," Biden said as he was briefed on Hurricane Ian at FEMA headquarters.
President Joe Biden claimed Thursday he spoke with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis about the federal government response to Hurricane Ian.
The State Department announced Thursday a decision to appoint President Joe Biden's White House chief of staff's wife to serve as a diplomat.
Ian, once a Category 4 hurricane and weakening to a tropical storm, continues to pummel Florida with heavy rain. Follow here for the latest.
Ian has regained hurricane strength as it spun toward South Carolina a day after devastating a cross section of Florida. The U.S. National Hurricane Center says the storm’s maximum sustained winds …
Organizations are already mobilizing to help people affected by Hurricane Ian's destructive trail. How to help those impacted
Nearly 5,000 National Guard troops from four states are now in Florida to help in the aftermath devastation of Hurricane Ian, the military branch revealed Thursday. The Guardsmen, which come…
President Biden rejected the political premise of a question about his relationship with Gov. DeSantis but said that DeSantis complimented and thanked him for the immediate Ian response.
Florida residents endure flooding, lost power, and more catastrophic damage as Hurricane Ian makes its way up the east coast of the United States. Follow Breitbart News for live updates on this breaking story. | Weather
Hurricane Ian strengthened back into a category 1 storm Thursday evening after being downgraded to a tropical storm overnight. Hurricane Ian made landfall on Florida’s west coast on Wednesday as a category 4 storm. The eye of the storm hit Cape Coral, Fort Myers and Punta Gorda Wednesday with maximum sustained winds of 155 miles…
Ian has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm as it makes its way across Florida, but it is expected to make another U.S. landfall.
Ian's vicious combination of winds, rain and storm surge caused at least a dozen deaths, flooded homes, cut off roadways and left millions of Florida residents without power Thursday as it again intensified into a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean and barreled toward South Carolina.
Dan Allers, a council member in Fort Myers Beach, described devastation at a level "that no one really anticipated or expected" as he walked through the area Thursday after it was pounded by Hurricane Ian.
At least three sections of the Sanibel Causeway were washed away by storm surge from Hurricane Ian, according to video from CNN affiliates WBBH and WPLG, severing the Sanibel and Captiva islands' only connection to Florida's mainland.
Some slight re-intensification is forecast, and Ian could be near hurricane strength.
Biden declared a major disaster in Florida as Tropical Storm Ian swept across the state, leaving a path of destruction in its wake.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed