A new Fox News poll revealed that Sen. Mark Kelly (D) leads Blake Masters (R) 50%-42% in the Arizona Senate race.
The DOJ said in court that they have several witnesses against Trump and that the former president willfully withheld classified information.
A federal judge said that he could release portions of a redacted affidavit for the FBI's search of Mar-a-Lago.
Trump pointed to a memo related to the declassification of some documents that undermines his own defense.
Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart said the Justice Department has made a strong case for keeping the document justifying the search at Trump’s home sealed.
The DOJ confirmed that the Mar-a-Lago investigation is in its “early stages” — a point that probably ought to cause Donald Trump considerable discomfort.
Trump's lawyer went on Fox News to claim that Mar-a-Lago was a secure place to house classified info.
A US magistrate judge started the process of potentially releasing some information from the affidavit that the Justice Department used to obtain a search warrant for former President Donald Trump's Florida residence.
In a court filing Monday, Trump’s lawyers accused the Justice Department of treating the former president unfairly for years.
Trump wrote he and his team want a special master to be appointed with a goal 'to oversee the handling of the materials taken in the raid.'
In the days since the FBI seized classified and top secret documents from Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, the former President and his allies have claimed that Trump had a "standing order" to declassify documents he took from the Oval Office to the White House residence.
A document unsealed Thursday, which offered specifics about the crimes the Justice Department is investigating, including "willful retention of national defense information," sharpens the focus on former President Donald Trump as a possible subject of the criminal probe, several legal experts told CNN.
The former president demanded transparency around the search of Mar-a-Lago. He didn’t get quite that. Nor did he get closure.
The FBI search of Donald Trump's Florida resort and the removal of classified information raise a compelling need for maximum public disclosure given the involvement of an ex-president who's a likely 2024 candidate.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed