The oil-rich Saudis have the capability to alleviate soaring energy prices.
Back in 2019, then-candidate Biden vowed to make Saudi Arabia and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman a “pariah” after the murder of Washignton Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Upon now-President Biden’s arrival in the country on his first Presidential trip to the Middle East, the first exchange between the two leaders was a fist-bump. Hagar Chemali, former spokesperson for the U.S. Mission to the United Nations, explains why this trip did not meet U.S. expectations. “You have to put yourself in the shoes of Middle Eastern leaders,” says Chemali. A photo with the U.S. President “weighs heavily” on public perception of their power. “We don’t yield that leverage strongly enough when it comes to the Middle East,” says Chemali, “and that can seep into other issues.”
President Biden will meet with an array of Arab leaders to present to them his vision for the region.
A senior adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei boasted Sunday the Islamic republic is now capable of building a nuclear bomb.
Saudi Arabian officials contradicted President Joe Biden on more than one occasion during his visit to the Gulf kingdom.
President Joe Biden lashed out Sunday at critics of his fist bump greeting with Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Joe Biden arrived to Joint Base Andrew late Saturday evening after a disastrous trip to the Middle East. Biden was humiliated by the Saudis as he begged for oil. Biden was greeted with a fist bump when he arrived to Alsalam Royal Palace in Jeddah. The Saudis undermined Joe Biden again after he departed the…
Despite genuine moments of empathy and indignation, the president downplayed values in the Middle East to secure strategic U.S. interests.
The president delivered his remarks at the Gulf Cooperation Council as he closes out the final leg of a four-day trip.
To help Saudi Arabia repair its image, Edelman advised a mix of celebrities, music festivals and Comedy Central.
Iran has the ability to produce a nuclear bomb. But no worries, they haven’t decided to build one yet! The Jerusalem Post reports this morning: Tehran is technically capable of making a nuclear bomb but has yet to decide whether to build it, a senior adviser to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei told Al Jazeera’s Arabic…
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed