Rivals of Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson have been plotting to replace him as scandals have mounted. Here are some of the possible contenders in a Conservative Party leadership contest.
The risk-taking bravado of Britain’s colorful prime minister was not enough to compensate for his shortcomings, or overcome a catastrophic loss of party support.
It was Boris’s brash personality, as well as his reputation for breaking all the rules and never taking his job quite seriously enough, that likely did him in.
British prime minister will step down after 24 hours of drama and the Conservatives will now hold a leadership contest.
The wildly ambitious prime minister won’t go quietly, but get ready for Britain’s third female leader.
Beleaguered leaders are defiant — until they’re not.
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced his resignation as Conservative Party leader Thursday, bringing his scandal-plagued tenure to an end after less than three years.
British conservatives concluded they could no longer tolerate the constant stream of disgraces and indignities. Donald Trump's GOP could do the same thing.
A small group is stepping to center stage as Britain’s political crisis intensifies, including the rival Boris Johnson beat last time.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced his resignation in the wake of a series of scandals. Follow live updates.
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to resign today following mounting pressure from lawmakers in his own Conservative Party to stand down.
Boris Johnson has been forced out as Tory leader and his time as PM will soon be over – but what do his potential successors have to offer?
Boris Johnson has resigned. What happens next?
Even Margaret Thatcher ultimately understood when told her time was up — Johnson had a very different view and tried to hang on.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed