Ukrainian politics were known for sharp-elbowed infighting. But as he defends his country against the Russian invasion, President Volodymyr Zelensky has his government presenting a unified front.
Russian forces continue to target civilian infrastructure in Ukraine, shelling five railway stations on Monday morning as well as causing widespread water and power outages in the eastern Luhansk region.
Russian forces are attempting a pincer movement on Ukrainian forces in the Donbas. Will Western artillery, tanks and drones get there in time?
American diplomats who left Ukraine before the war will start returning to the country, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv on Sunday.
Republicans are laying the groundwork to make Hunter Biden and his business dealings a central target of their investigative and oversight efforts
As Andrei Martyanov has frequently and correctly noted, the U.S. Army and its legacy officers are demonstrating remarkable incompetence in assessing the Russian military. The latest in this parade of clowns is Joel D. Rayburn, a retired Colonel and current fellow at the New American Foundation. I think Andrei would agree that Rayburn is a…
For years, the United States sent mixed signals about its interests in the country. Then Vladimir V. Putin made his move.
Fighting continued as two top Biden officials traveled to Kyiv to visit the Ukrainian president. European leaders visited Ukraine weeks ago to witness firsthand evidence of atrocities committed by Russian soldiers but until Sunday, top U.S. officials had not visited the country since the invasion.
Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett spoke Sunday about “shared regional and global security challenges, including the threat posed by Iran and its proxies," the White House said.
The US believes Ukraine can win the war against Russia with “the right equipment and the right support,” Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin told reporters Monday, from an undisclosed location in Poland near the Ukrainian border.
This weekend, in the shadows of a devastating war, Ukrainians attempted to celebrate one of their most important holidays of the year, Orthodox Easter.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has warned that Russia’s assault on Ukraine “was intended only as a beginning.”
The two Cabinet members also said the United States will provide more security assistance and expand military training.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed