The White House is urging Americans to leave the country now.
Escalating military preparations by Russia and its separatist allies in Ukraine indicate that an attack could come within days, American officials say.
Tensions between Moscow and Kyiv are at their highest in years, with a large Russian troop buildup near the shared borders of the two former Soviet republics. Follow for live news updates.
The White House on Friday warned a Russian invasion of Ukraine could involve a military assault on the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv.
Officials in the U.S. and the U.K. are telling their citizens to leave Ukraine immediately.
Biden administration officials on Friday sounded the alarm that a Russian military invasion of Ukraine was an immediate threat, warning that it could happen before the Winter Olympics end on Feb. 20.
The White House warned again Friday that Russia was almost certain to invade Ukraine soon, despite sharing no detailed new intelligence.
Biden, Democrats and the Botched 'American Rescue' | RealClearPolitics
Americans are paying good money for the privilege of autocracy.
According to US Intelligence, Russia is preparing to invade Ukraine before the end of the Winter Olympics. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan told reporters on Friday that Russian military forces are “in a position to be able to mount a major military action” and urged American citizens in Ukraine to “leave as soon as possible.”…
There aren't a lot of ways to enforce the law requiring preservation of White House records.
Trump isn't admitting wrongdoing, but he's also not fighting such accusations as vociferously as he usually does.
President Joe Biden plans to speak with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Saturday, a person familiar with the matter said, as the US warns Russia could attack Ukraine at any moment.
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin ordered 3,000 more soldiers from the 82nd Airborne to deploy to Poland amid rising concern about Russia’s potential invasion of Ukraine, according to a senior defense official. The troops will leave in the next couple of days, joining about 1,700 members of the unit already there.
There's socially distanced, and then there's French President Emmanuel Macron sitting on the opposite end of an enormous table during talks with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin at the Kremlin on Monday.
US and UK citizens urged to leave Ukraine, as are nonessential staff at EU’s diplomatic service.
National security adviser Jake Sullivan urged Americans still in Ukraine to depart the country within the next 24 to 48 hours.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed