CNN announced that they have fired former anchor Chris Cuomo over his involvement in his brother's sexual harassment scandal.
CNN has fired anchor Chris Cuomo after details emerged about how he assisted his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, as the politician faced sexual harassment allegations earlier this year
Cuomo has been terminated "effective immediately" for his involvement in helping his brother, former Gov. Andrew Cuomo, respond to sexual misconduct allegations, CNN said.
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said on Saturday that the firing of former CNN anchor Chris Cuomo is “a small step toward CNN regaining any kind of credibility.”
Former CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who was terminated by the network Saturday night, said following the announcement that he had been fired over helping in his brother during a sexual harassment scandal, “This
CNN confirmed on Saturday that it had terminated network anchor Chris Cuomo following the reveal of documents earlier this week that indicated he had played a larger role than previously known in assisting his
CNN fired Chris Cuomo when documents showed Cuomo used his media sources to dig up information on his brother’s sexual harassment accusers.
CNN has announced the termination of host Chris Cuomo after an investigation by the New York attorney general showed in more detail how he helped his brother, former Gov. Andrew Cuomo, defend himself against sexual misconduct allegations.
CNN said Saturday that anchor Chris Cuomo has been "terminated" by the network, "effective immediately." The announcement came after an outside law firm was retained to review exactly how Cuomo aided his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
“This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother,” the anchor said in a statement.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed