The three white men who shot the 25-year-old Black man dead won’t walk free.
The guilty verdicts for the three white men who murdered the Black jogger in 2020 "reflect our justice system doing its job," the president said.
Using security footage, cellphone video, 911 calls and police reports, The Times has reconstructed the 12 minutes before Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead in Georgia on Feb. 23.
The murder convictions of three white men in the death of Ahmaud Arbery were praised by many as a just outcome in a case that could have stoked racial divisions.
In convicting Travis McMichael on that charge, the 12 jurors found that he had deliberately intended to kill Mr. Arbery.
A jury has found all three men charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery guilty of murder. Follow here for live updates.
A jury Wednesday found three White men charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, guilty on multiple murder counts, as well as other charges.
A jury has found Travis McMichael, his father Gregory McMichael, and neighbor William "Roddie" Bryan Jr. guilty of the murder of Ahmaud Arbery in February 2020.
Ahmaud Arbery's father reacted to the guilty verdict of the three men involved in his son's murder Wednesday, proclaiming "all lives matter."
Joe Biden on Wednesday popped off shortly after a Georgia jury found all three men in the trial of the killing of fake “jogger” Ahmaud Arbery guilty of murder. The jury on Wednesday reached a verdict in the trial of Travis McMichael, his father Gregory and their neighbor, Willian Bryan. The three white men faced…
Prosecutors made no mention of the slain 25-year-old’s race until the very end of the trial.
A Georgia jury convicted Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and neighbor William "Roddie" Bryan in the killing of the 25-year-old Black man in February 2020.
It's been a hard time during the almost 10 years since Trayvon Martin was killed.
The defendants were found guilty of murder and other charges on Wednesday for the pursuit and fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery. They face up to life in prison.
People have gathered outside the courthouse after a jury found all three men charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery guilty of murder.
The three men convicted in Arbery's death are Greg and Travis McMichael, and their neighbor William "Roddie" Bryan.
Rep. Lucy McBath (D-Ga.) offered support to Ahmaud Arbery's family on the eve of Thanksgiving after a jury on Wednesday convicted all three men on trial for his killing.
Vice President Kamala Harris praised Ahmaud Arbery's killers being found guilty by a jury but cautioned more change was needed in the justice system.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed