Former President Trump on Sunday doubled down on his criticism of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other Senate Republicans who voted in favor of passing a $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure b
“I hope Democrats continue to be obsessed with Donald Trump,” Scott said. “I think Terry McAuliffe would probably run his campaign differently, wouldn’t focus his whole campaign on Donald Trump. I ...
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story misidentified the author of the Guardian op-ed.
Setbacks Tuesday in suburbs, small towns and rural communities, coupled with intraparty battles on Capitol Hill and passage of an infrastructure bill, crystallize a vexing question for the party: What does it mean to be a Democrat?
While the president has spent much of his first months in office seeking to undo the legacy of his predecessor, Biden’s passage of a massive spending bill and the withdrawal from Afghanistan mark two policy goals the two shared — but only one achieved.
A number of hurdles remain. Let's walk through them.
Without GOP support, the bill didn't have a majority. And the right wing is out for blood.
A bitter feud has divided Dems in a key swing state — and dragged in the national party.
There’s little evidence suggesting the party is capable of changing course before the midterms.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed