Taxing billionaires should be the easiest part of the Democrats' agenda to pass.
The Speaker of the House was optimistic a bill would be reached before President Biden travels to Europe this week.
“I am confident, frankly ― not only optimistic, but I am confident that we will reach a deal," Vice President Kamala Harris said.
West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin will meet with President Biden to talk more about Biden's $3.5 trillion Build Back Better Act, according to Politico.
As Biden and Democratic leaders close in on a budget deal, the murky goals and demands of the Arizona senator remain a persistent uncertainty.
The president is seeking to clinch a deal on his spending package.
Axing either of the two provisions would infuriate progressives and alienate valuable voting blocs. Yet the party might just have to.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed