Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger on Monday came to the defense of soon-to-be-ousted House GOP conference chair Liz Cheney, arguing their party is poised to remove her from the influential post because she has consistently said former President Donald Trump is responsible for the US Capitol insurrection.
Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell have very different leadership styles. Since Trump left office in January, McConnell and Republican senators have barely mentioned him (outside of lap-dog Lindsey Graham). Kevin McCarthy and GOP congresspeople, however, mention Trump every chance they get. And there is also a big difference in how GOP senators and congresspeople are … Continue reading "Joni Ernst Sticks Up for Liz Cheney, Accuses GOP Colleagues of Trying to Cancel Her"
It's official: The House Republican Conference will vote Wednesday on whether to recall its chair, Rep. Liz Cheney.
"Cancel culture is cancel culture no matter how you look at it, and unfortunately I think there are those that are trying to silence others in the party,...
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., slammed House Republicans in his party over their expected removal of Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., from her position as conference chair. Kinzinger said that Cheney was telling the truth about former President Donald Trump and the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.
They say it's about not focusing on the past -- while Republicans including Donald Trump have kept focused on exactly that.
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is telling his Republican House colleagues to "anticipate" a vote on Wednesday regarding the current state of the House GOP Conference Chair position, which is expected to end with Liz Cheney being removed from her leadership role over her opposition to former President Donald Trump.
House Republicans should "anticipate a vote" Wednesday on GOP Conference Chair, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy writes in a new letter, in a vote that is expected to end with Rep. Liz Cheney being ousted over her continued opposition to former President Donald Trump.
House Republicans should "anticipate a vote" on GOP Conference Chair, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy wrote in a new letter. The vote is expected to end with Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) being ousted over her continued opposition to former President Donald Trump.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed