The family of Andrew Brown Jr. said they met with the Pasquotank County sheriff on Friday but were not shown the body camera footage of his death that many in the community have demanded.
A man in Virginia was shot by the same sheriff's deputy who had given him a ride home earlier in the day.
A North Carolina sheriff will ask a court to release body camera footage of the police shooting of Andrew Brown Jr. in Elizabeth City.
An unarmed Black man was shot by a Virginia sheriff's deputy while on the phone with a 911 dispatcher, according to authorities and 911 audio released Friday.
As President Joe Biden looks to build momentum for police reform in his address to a joint session of Congress this week, there is some optimism in Washington about the potential for a bipartisan compromise that would finally create more accountability for law enforcement. But beyond the beltway, there is also deep frustration and anger in the streets of America as young men and women of color keep getting injured and killed by police.
At least six people were fatally shot by officers across the United States in the 24 hours after jurors reached a verdict in the murder case against Chau...
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed