Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) asked Trump to give him a pre-emptive blanket pardon to cover all of his crimes before the former president left office.
The night that news broke that the DOJ was investigating Matt Gaetz for sex trafficking, Tucker Carlson invited him on his show. The interview, seen as a favor for the Florida congressman, went off the rails almost immediately. Carlson later referred to the spot as one of the weirdest interviews he’s ever conducted. And since … Continue reading "Maybe Postpone This One? Matt Gaetz Will Speak at a Women For America First Event at Trump’s Doral Club on Friday"
Rep. Matt Gaetz requested a preemptive pardon from former President Donald Trump while he was being investigated by the Justice Department, sources familiar with the discussions told the New York Times.
The debate over whether Georgia’s law really suppresses voting reveals just how imperiled American democracy is.
An aide to former President Donald Trump indicated a big morning is ahead for the "Make America Great Again" movement.
Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax compared himself to George Floyd and Emmett Till while discussing the sexual assault allegations against him.
Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband, second gentleman Doug Emhoff, moved into their official residence on Tuesday evening following months of updates to the Naval Observatory.
Lin Wood is putting the Republican establishment on notice as he campaigns to be South Carolina's GOP chairman.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), under investigation for alleged sex trafficking and having sex with a minor, is slated to speak Friday at a Women for America First event.
The New York Times reports that Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is currently under investigation for the sex trafficking of a 17-year-old girl, asked the White House for a blanket, preemptive pardon in the last weeks of Donald Trump's term. NYT’s Michael Schmidt joins Chris Hayes.
The Republican congressman is under investigation for alleged sex trafficking and allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed