Dick Durbin immediately shut down Ted Cruz for lying about undocumented immigrants receiving COVID relief payments.
Sen. Joe Manchin is a winner in the stimulus bill. Losers: deficit hawks, and people hoping for a $15 minimum wage.
Sen. Joe Manchin singlehandedly pared back federal unemployment benefits in the new Covid-19 relief package.
The battle over Biden's Covid aid bill in the Senate was all about who could get Sen. Joe Manchin's (D-WV) vote: Republicans or Manchin's own party. Garrett Haake and Susan Page discuss.
Debate on the Senate floor stretched into the early morning hours of Saturday.
The Senate passed President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion Covid relief plan on Saturday, after an all-night "vote-a-rama" and a 12-hour struggle to get one Democrat to support the party's plan on a critical issue.
The Senate on Saturday passed its version of the Democrats' massive coronavirus relief package, after the House passed its package last week.
Sen. Paul forced Democrats to remove a provision from the COVID bill allowing Planned Parenthood facilities to receive funds through the PPP.
Rep. Jason Crow (D-CO) praised Biden for working to pass his COVID relief bill instead of spending the weekend golfing.
Here’s what the bill tries to do — and what’s actually in it.
The 1.9 trillion coronavirus package, which includes $1,400 stimulus payments and $350 billion to cities and states, passed the Senate.
The Senate on Saturday passed the Democrats’ massive $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill that has nothing to do with Covid on a party-line vote. The bill will give some Americans $1400 after Democrats shut down businesses for nearly a year. The Covid relief bill is a power grab for the Democrats, teachers unions, minority interests…
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed