StoryGraph Biggest Story 2021-01-09 -- president-elect joe biden (9), vice president mike pence to invoke (8), capitol police officer (8), stormed capitol (6), riot capitol (6)
McConnell circulates procedures for second Senate impeachment trial of Trump
Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Friday circulated to colleagues a memo outlining the procedure for holding another trial for President Trump if the House impeaches him for a second time in just over a year.
"I want him out": Lisa Murkowski calls for Trump’s resignation
Murkowski is the first Senate Republican who has explicitly called for Trump to leave.
McConnell hands off new Trump impeachment battle to Schumer
The Senate is in recess until Jan. 19, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell signaled he won’t reconvene if the House next week decides to vote on and pass impeachment articles against President Trump, a source familiar with the matter told the Washington Examiner on Friday.
Why Democrats are moving toward impeachment — 12 days before Trump leaves office
After the Capitol insurrection, Democrats want to get Trump out of office as quickly as possible.
House Democrats Drafting Articles Of Impeachment, Could Come Within Days: Reports
The move against Trump follows a violent riot at the U.S. Capitol carried out in his name.
'Banning free speech': President Trump pushes back on Twitter ban
President Trump condemned Twitter shortly after the social media platform banned him permanently.
Apple warns Parler that it will ban it from the app store if moderation policies aren't changed
Apple warned Parler that the platform's app will be banned from the app store if its content moderation policies are not changed.
GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Calls For Trump’s Removal, Unsure If She Will Remain In Party
“I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage," the Alaska senator said.
American diplomats sign 'dissent cable' over Trump remarks as White House fires official who said Trump must 'go'
U.S. diplomats signed a "dissent cable" over President Trump's remarks before the Capitol mob attack as the White House fired an official who said Trump must "go."
Trump faces mounting demands to leave office or face impeachment for inciting Capitol mob attack
House Democrats are pushing to impeach Trump a second time before he leaves office under articles charging him with inciting an insurrection and having “gravely endangered the security of the United States” and its institutions.
Trump, under pressure to resign or face impeachment, says he won't attend Biden's inauguration
President Donald Trump on Friday, amid calls for his impeachment or resignation, found himself under the most extreme pressure he's faced during his presidency.
First look at the article of impeachment drafted against Trump for ‘incitement of insurrection’
The draft of an article of impeachment against Donald Trump, drawn up by Democratic Congressmen Jamie Raskin Ted Lieu, and David Cicilline, is released. Democrats are setting up a possible vote to impeach Donald Trump for a second time by the middle of next week.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed