President Donald Trump announced on Twitter Monday that he has fired Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, and that Christopher Miller, who serves as director of the National Counterterrorism Center, will become acting secretary "effective immediately."
President Trump on Monday fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper.
The Pentagon boss’s ouster was a long time coming.
The United States has now surpassed 10 million cases of COVID-19.
Embattled Defense Secretary Mark Esper has been fired “effective immediately,” President Trump announced in a tweet Monday.
Monica Alba reports, "there will likely be more of this action to come."
The president-elect plans to focus heavily on the pandemic while the president, who has not conceded the election, presses ahead with legal challenges in states where he is trailing in the vote count.
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson tested positive for the coronavirus, his office announced Monday.
President Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Monday morning. Christopher Miller, who serves as director of the National Counterterrorism Center, will replace Esper. JUST IN: President Donald Trump says he has fired Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, and that Christopher Miller, who serves as director of the National Counterterrorism Center, will become acting secretary…
Even with President Donald Trump still refusing to concede the election, President-elect Joe Biden will launch an aggressive plan on Monday to control the pandemic that is escalating at an alarming rate and will define his administration as soon as he takes office.
Multiple states reported the highest number of new cases since the COVID-19 pandemic started.
Following COVID-19 guidelines is key to returning to a "normal life," the president-elect said.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed