Welcome to The Hill’s Convention Report, your daily rundown on all the latest news during the Democratic and Republican National Conventions. Did someone forward this to you?
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on Wednesday suggested there should be a live fact-check feature during his upcoming debates with President Trump, something he acknowledged may not be feasible.
Joe Biden says the police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, who shot Jacob Blake in the back on Aug_ 23, leaving the 29—year-old Black man paralyzed, “needs to be charged.”
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) says it met with NBC executives after MSNBC anchor Joy Reid made remarks on Monday that compared the actions of President Trump and his allies to "the way Muslims act" when "radicalizing" supporters.
Democratic lawmakers are pushing for questions about climate change to be included in the upcoming presidential debate, renewing a frequent complaint from environmentalists that the topic has been overlooked in previous debates.
Joe Biden and Donald Trump will meet onstage in Cleveland for the first debate of the general election.
The Trump campaign claims some of them are "clear opponents of President Trump."
In 2016, debate moderators did not ask a single question about the climate crisis. Dozens of lawmakers want to make sure that doesn’t happen again.
Ivanka Trump is hitting the trail on Friday, traveling to Pennsylvania to campaign for four more years of her father’s administration, Fox News has learned.
Wednewwsday on Fox News Channel's "America's Newsroom," White House deputy press secretary Brian Morgenstern weighed in on the Bidens' visit, calling it "too little too late." Morgenstern criticized Biden and Democratic leadership for "ignoring" the violence in some of the country's major cities until they decided politics became the "motivating factor." | Clips
Moderators and formats were announced Wednesday for the fall presidential and vice presidential debates.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed