Americans were looking for "relief." Instead the president promised to defund Social Security and Medicare, said a Florida lawmaker.
Several GOP senators voiced discomfort regarding President Trump's decision Saturday to sign four executive orders meant to address the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic and bypass Congress
Trump’s authority to circumvent Congress on issues like unemployment insurance is questionable.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) criticized President Trump's decision to issue four executive orders Saturday, bypassing Congress to address the ec
Former Vice President Joe Biden on Saturday called President Trump’s executive order to cut payroll taxes “a reckless war on Social Security.”
The actions were announced at a press conference Saturday afternoon.
The White House rejected an offer from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and the two sides remain far apart.
President Trump signs four executive orders on coronavirus economic relief after failed negotiations with Democrats in congress. Democrats have promised to file a legal challenge, citing Congress' constitutional authority to determine federal spending.
President Donald Trump signed executive actions Saturday, brazenly moving around Congress and daring Democrats to sue him over measures he thinks will be popular in the country.
President Donald Trump tried to assert executive power by signing four actions Saturday after Democrats and the White House were unable to reach an agreement on a coronavirus stimulus relief bill this week.
President Donald Trump signed an executive order for a payroll tax holiday at his club in Bedminster, New Jersey, on Saturday.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed