Democrats shouldn't be afraid to call out Donald Trump for bungling the federal response to the coronavirus and causing needless death.
The fact that these briefings are being brought back at all is proof that Donald Trump's management of this crisis has been an abject failure.
Trump offered warm words of support to Jeffrey Epstein sex crime accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell during what was supposed to be a coronavirus briefing.
Joe Biden May Pay for the Chaos in Major Cities | RealClearPolitics
Fauci's at the Pool, But Trump's in Deep | RealClearPolitics
Mark Landler, London bureau chief for the New York Times, talks with Rachel Maddow about new reporting that Donald Trump pressed the U.S. ambassador to Britain to try to get the British Open golf tournament to be held at his Scottish golf resort.
Rather than just “embers” of the disease, as he has repeatedly characterized recent outbreaks afflicting much of the country, President Trump conceded that there were now “big fires.”
Woody Johnson, the N.F.L. owner, Trump donor and ambassador to Britain, was warned not to get involved in trying to move the tournament to a Trump resort in Scotland, but he raised the idea anyway — and he failed.
Trump expressed a new level of seriousness about the virus, but he still downplayed it.
Donald Trump used the power of the presidency to pressure a foreign government into ginning up business for his golf resort in Scotland.
Months into the coronavirus pandemic, the president is finally urging people to wear masks.
President Donald Trump emphasized the importance of mask wearing to help mitigate the spread of coronavirus multiple times during a White House press briefing. Only a day prior to the briefing President Trump tweeted a rare photo in a mask, then was seen later in public without one.
The president appeared to acknowledge that the virus he once said would disappear continues to pose a serious threat to the country, as well as to his reelection chances.
President Donald Trump's return to coronavirus briefings delivered exactly the strong public health message America needed to hear -- four months ago.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed