Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) caught and shredded Mike Pence's big lie about virus testing leading to more coronavirus cases.
The US had just hit a single-day record for new coronavirus cases. More than half the states were seeing increases in the rate of new cases. Multiple states were dealing with record numbers of coronavirus hospitalizations. Texas had announced hours earlier that it had to shut down in-person service at its bars again.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) accused President Trump of being “cowardly” for not wearing a mask amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and said she would support a policy to make wearing the face coverings mandatory in public.
Officials nationwide were rethinking their efforts to slow the virus, which the nation’s top infectious disease expert said were “not working.”
More than 45,000 new cases in the United States were reported on Friday, the third consecutive day with a record total. India’s caseload surged past 500,000, as global infections approached 10 million.
Both President Trump and Vice President Pence seem oblivious to the new chapter in the pandemic.
Europe will allow outsiders to begin entering again on July 1, but the U.S. and Russia are now among the nations considered too risky because they have not controlled the coronavirus outbreak.
The vice president says all 50 states “are opening safely and responsibly” despite reversals in Texas and Florida.
The president wasn’t present, but his see-no-evil approach to the United States’ unusually resilient coronavirus outbreak was.
The number of new coronavirus cases reported in a single day hit a new high on Friday after numerous states began pausing or rolling back their reopening plans.
Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney posted a photo of former Vice President Dick Cheney sporting a face mask on Friday and took a shot at the manhood of people who refuse to wear face coverings in a seeming jab at President Donald Trump.
The European Union is trying to reopen — but not to many US visitors.
“Ultimately, you will infect someone who’s vulnerable,” Dr. Anthony Fauci warned young Americans.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed