Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, pressed Attorney General Barr about emergency powers President Trump has said he could use during the coronavirus pandemic.
Fox Business Network anchor Neil Cavuto on Friday called President Trump's comments on disinfectant injections possibly treating coronavirus "unsettling," and recommended that the president clearly come out and say that ingesting disinfectants is a bad idea.
President Trump and his coronavirus task force held an unusually short briefing on Friday following blowback over Trump’s comments the previous day suggesting that doctors should study whether light or disinfect
There has been a concerted effort among aides and allies to get President Donald Trump to stop conducting the daily coronavirus briefings, multiple sources tell CNN.
After the injecting bleach debacle, Trump has decided to scale back his appearances at the coronavirus briefings.
The president is insisting he just wanted to "see what would happen" if he made the suggestion about how to treat coronavirus.
More than 100 people called the state's Emergency Management Agency after President Donald Trump asked if disinfectant could treat COVID-19.
The president continues to push scientifically unsound quick fixes to the coronavirus.
The White House responded Friday to backlash over President Donald Trump suggesting an "injection" of disinfectant might be possible treatments against COVID-19.
The president took no questions from the press a day after he suggested injecting people with disinfectant to fight off the coronavirus.
Responding to the criticism from public health officials around the country, the president said he was playing a trick on reporters.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed