The new jobs report show the first impacts of the outbreak on the labor market.
The coronavirus has ended the longest job creation streak on record. | Economy
The economy lost 701,000 jobs in March, the Labor Department reported Friday in an early sign of the coronavirus pandemic's toll on the labor market.
NBC News’ Stephanie Ruhle reports on the new jobs numbers released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, but stresses Thursday’s jobless claims number is “most relevant.”
The American economy lost more jobs than it gained for the first time in a decade.
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed