When asked about how many masks the federal government has left, and how many it has sent out, FEMA’s administrator said, "I can’t give you a rough number."
They're calling for more funding to hospitals and health care workers.
Scientists who have fought pandemics describe difficult measures needed to defend the United States against a fast-moving pathogen.
Hours after Senate Democrats blocked movement on a massive stimulus package Sunday evening, injecting fresh uncertainty over whether and when lawmakers will reach a bipartisan deal to deliver relie
President Donald Trump outlined Sunday the federal government's plan to fund US National Guard units which were activated by governors in three of the states hardest hit by the novel coronavirus --
Despite declaring war on the coronavirus, a White House playing catch-up and a deadlocked Congress are struggling to cope with the pandemic's tragic humanitarian and grave economic toll.
FEMA Administrator Peter Gaynor appears on ABC's "This Week."
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy have taken drastic measures in their home states to fill gaps they say were left by the federal government.
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) blocked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) attempt to set up a Monday morning vote on a stimulus package designed to shore up the econo
"Here's the way ahead, colleagues. We're going to vote at 9:45 in the morning, the same vote we had at 6 p.m. tonight. We're going to vote at 9:45 in the morning, 15 minutes after the markets open,
The Democrats on Sunday accused Republicans of "rushing" an aid package even as the economy has contracted and financial markets crashed. | Economy
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was playing politics on Sunday and said she’s working on her own pork-filled emergency relief Coronavirus package. McConnell was furious after the Senate Dems blocked the
During a press briefing on the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump learns that GOP rival Sen. Mitt Romney is self isolating and says “gee, that’s too bad.”
As an aid package stalled in the Senate, states moved to keep more than 100 million Americans at home.
Many officials across the country complain that President Trump does not have a coherent or ready plan to confront a crisis that could soon push the nation’s health-care system to the brink of coll
One of Chicago’s leading children’s hospitals had to scrap plans to host a mobile testing site, which was scheduled Tuesday on the city’s north side after it said both of its vendors weren’t able t
Negotiations over a mammoth stimulus package to address the coronavirus crisis spilled over into Monday as top members of leadership and administration officials tried to revive hopes of a bipartis
Politics Is Spreading Faster Than Coronavirus In DC On today’s podcast we discuss the attempts to construct a coronavirus relief bill in Congress and what it should include. Listen to the show: Ran
Democrats Block Senate Coronavirus Package Democrats blocked a coronavirus package on Sunday that would provide economic relief to businesses and Americans suffering from the impact of the coronavi
This story was constructed with the SHARI Process:
- The StoryGraph Toolkit extracted URIs from the biggest story of the day from the StoryGraph service
- Hypercane performed the following steps:
- It accepted the list of original resource URIs from the output of the StoryGraph Toolkit, and queried the Memento Aggregator to find as many mementos as possible
- For resources that were not already mementos, it submitted them to web archives with ArchiveNow
- It analyzed all mementos to automatically discover the most frequent sumgrams and named entities present in the overall story
- It analyzed all images in these mementos to automatically select the best image for the overall story
- It then formatted the data for the story based on all of this input
- Raintale took the input from Hypercane and rendered the final product with information supplied by MementoEmbed